Mamie Till Mobley

"There was an important mission for me, to shape so many...young minds as a teacher. God took away one child but...(gave) me thousands. And I have been grateful for the blessing." Mamie Till Mobley

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy birthday Khaair Morrison, a salute to Francis Lewis High School class of 2011!

Khaair Morrison is a student leader at Francis Lewis High School class of 2011, and advocate for student rights.
"My name is Khaair Morrison I am a youth activist, community organizer, and motivational speaker, hailing from Queens, New York. As a senior at Francis Lewis high School in Queens, I have taken a keen interest on educational,  juvenile justice, and immigration issues, which are just a few of the issues that I've fought for and that directly affect my generation. I have also been sought out as a motivational speaker. I have spoken to youths at many events, including an outreach to youth at Hunter college, a panel at Columbia University, and youth organizations around the city.  I enjoy supporting other youth who have ambitions to be young politicians, in  business and whatever field interest them."
I salute the class of 2011, at Francis Lewis High School!
Happy birthday Khaair!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitney Tilson (3rd background)

Whitney Tilson (3rd background)
"Let’s be honest: we need a lot more well-off, well-educated white folks with a personal stake in both charter schools and education reform in general if we’re going to take reform to the next level, both politically and operationally.Whitney Tilson, hedge fund manager and major funding angel for the school privatizing Democrats for Education Reform, thinks there’s not enough rich, educated white folks.( Preaprez) click photo to his blog.

Arne Duncan

Arne Duncan
U.S. Secretary of Education, click photo